[dropcap cap=P]articipating in a KBM training program is not as much about DOING MINISTRY (even though you will) as much as it is about becoming a person who lives a lifestyle of actively listening to and boldly following Christ everyday for the rest of your life. We rely on God and seek to equip you to become an active Plan A Kingdom Laborer, who is living out the 6 realities of a Kingdom Laborer. We believe God is using KBM to help fuel a worldwide movement of individuals who are God’s answer to Jesus’ prayer “to send more laborers into his harvest field.” (Matthew 9:38)[/dropcap]
Yes, we believe this is a HUGE task! But, in faith we seek to walk as Jesus walked and invest deeply in a smaller number of people believing that “more time with fewer people equals a great Kingdom investment.” It’s not about formulas for us. It’s not about getting people to perform in a certain way. It is about helping you LOVE GOD more and LOVE OTHERS better (Matthew 22:37) …in the way God made YOU to! We hope to help you discover His plan, His creativity, and His hunger to reach the world through all people including the ordinary, imperfect and not-so-willing ones of us who make up most of His body here on earth.
So, because He wants to use ALL of you, we have to cover a lot of ground in your life. Every one of our Laborer’s Institute training opportunities includes (to one degree or another) each of these five training components:
1. One-On-One CoachingWe believe that God has an “INDIVIDUALLY-DESIGNED PLAN” for you in the world. So, we create space in each of our programs for you to spend time one-on-one with a trained coach who will be helping you discover what God has for you personally in this life. For some programs this coaching relationship is months long and for other programs its hours long, but we believe that it is important for you to know that God sees and cares about YOU.
2. Classroom TrainingKBM’s speakers and trainers are deeply passionate about God and gifted communicators. You will have plenty of time learning with them in both smaller classroom settings, as well as, larger venues.
3. Experiential LearningHearing a message or a lesson in a classroom is NOT ENOUGH. That is why we’ll take you “on mission” so you can begin to apply the things you’re learning in the classroom to “real life”. We provide deepening exercises for personal growth, ministry experiences, and group activities that will make real the lessons you are “catching in your head”.
4. Skill DevelopmentOften we resist doing things because we simply don’t know how to do them. And often, as Christians, we assume we all know how to skillfully live a Christ-following way of life. In each of our programs, we will help you to develop both basic and advanced skills that will support living a life of growing intimacy with and love for God, as well as, more and more effectively loving and reaching out to others.
5. Team DynamicsGod designed us to live together in unity. But why is unity often so hard to achieve? In each of our programs you will have the opportunity to be a part of a team and we will intentionally use the team environment to challenge your spiritual growth and help you live out the unity Jesus prayed for (John 17) in your everyday life.
Parent Category: Training