[dropcap cap=A]lthough every person is uniquely created and designed by God, we believe there are 6 common characteristics (or realities) that are shared by every active Kingdom Laborer. As we engage students through Laborer’s Institute training opportunities, we are seeking to outline these 6 realities as the goal for each life. We believe a Kingdom Laborer is someone who is:[/dropcap]
1. Kingdom-LivingKingdom Laborers seek to glorify God by doing things His Way. The most important way to live out the Kingdom of God is to Love God and Love Others. Everything else flows from these two engagements (Matthew 22:40).
2. Passion-DrivenKingdom Laborers love God so much they will obey Him, sacrifice for Him, suffer because of Him all for the ultimate purpose of glorifying His Name. Someone who is passion-driven will pursue love even into and through suffering, just like Jesus did.
3. Presence-EnabledKingdom Laborers live lives filled with His Presence. They become a house for God (Hebrews 3:6). They seek to have an intimate relationship with God. They are daily directed by the Holy Spirit and obey His direction in their lives.
4. Purpose-FulfillingKingdom Laborers live with the understanding that God is advancing His Kingdom throughout the world through the reproduction of disciples (Matthew 28:18-20). But they also live in the unique way he created them—in the situations, relationships, and locations He chooses to place them. Each Kingdom laborer is unique, but all of them live and minister in such a way that God’s Kingdom-advancing purposes are fulfilled.
5. Process-DevelopedKingdom Laborers are NOT PERFECT. While they grapple with feelings of being UNWORTHY and too INVALUABLE to have Kingdom Impact, their lives are characterized by believing that Christ has commissioned them to be His ambassadors (Eph 5:20). In addition, as they overcome these common insecurities and allow God to use them, they resist the temptation to become proud and humbly allow God to continue shaping and molding them daily.
6. Impact-OrientedKingdom Laborers live intentionally to impact God’s Kingdom. They know that living for Kingdom impact will reap an indestructible, eternal legacy that will bring God glory. And they don’t do it only on Sunday mornings from pulpits and stages. They are actively waiting for God to use them in everyday, along-the-way places and situations where there is the greatest need for Him.
Parent Category: Training